Monday, September 29, 2008

Rwake - If You Walk Before You Crawl, You Crawl Before You Die



Rwake is by far one of my favorite bands. I first got into their latest album, Voice of Omens (which I HIGHLY suggest you check out!) I've decided to post this album though, since it was released before their Relapse days. For fans of Neurosis, Dystopia, Mastodon, Grief, Eyehategod, and more, Rwake hails from Little Rock, Arkansas to blow you away to hell. Their riffs are among the catchiest I've ever heard, and many refer to them as the "new Dystopia" due to the dark elements in their music and lyrics. They tend to have a more musical element to them that Dystopia lacks which doesn't take away from their intensity, but adds to it in that perfect sort of way. There is no band whose songs get stuck in my head more often. I'm serious, you better fucking download this and also download their other albums (especially Voice of Omens...which I'll probably end up posting as well.) 

No comments: